Advocacy in Action
One of the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce’s primary missions is advocating for a healthy local economy and a government that supports economic growth.
Although we are non-partisan, the Anchorage Chamber takes an active role in advocating for sensible government policies, which will protect our members and advance business opportunities. All of our priorities are determined by our membership, vetted by our committees, and then presented to the full board of directors for action if needed.
All Anchorage Chamber members are encouraged to get involved in the public policy process by serving on one of our committees. Both our Legislative and our Anchorage Business Committees are diving deep into these issues, hearing from a range of diverse stakeholders.
If you have any questions, or would like to get more involved in the direction of the Anchorage Chamber’s legislative program, please contact Brenda Hansen at 677-7112, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More, smaller icebergs could show up in Alaska oil tanker lanes - Alaska Dispatch News - October 09, 2015
- A small window on Alaska gas line talks reveals a tough process - Alaska Dispatch News - October 08, 2015
- A timeline of Alaska gas efforts - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - October 03, 2015
- Walker's wrongheaded tax proposal won't get Alaska's gas to market - Alaska Dispatch News - October 01, 2015
- Cook Inlet Energy parent company files for bankruptcy protection - Kenai Peninsula Online - October 01, 2015
- Construction, property tax proposal offered for Alaska gas project - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - September 30, 2015
- Walker defends moves to get Alaska gas line built - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - September 25, 2015
- Conflict lurks over property taxes for proposed Alaska gas line - Alaska Dispatch News - September 21, 2015
- Thar she flows! It's the Alaska gas line ... can you see it? Can you? - Alaska Dispatch News - September 19, 2015
- Shell says Alaska oil search generates $125M in wages here - The Seattle Times - September 18, 2015