Advocacy in Action
One of the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce’s primary missions is advocating for a healthy local economy and a government that supports economic growth.
Although we are non-partisan, the Anchorage Chamber takes an active role in advocating for sensible government policies, which will protect our members and advance business opportunities. All of our priorities are determined by our membership, vetted by our committees, and then presented to the full board of directors for action if needed.
All Anchorage Chamber members are encouraged to get involved in the public policy process by serving on one of our committees. Both our Legislative and our Anchorage Business Committees are diving deep into these issues, hearing from a range of diverse stakeholders.
If you have any questions, or would like to get more involved in the direction of the Anchorage Chamber’s legislative program, please contact Brenda Hansen at 677-7112, email@example.com.
- Pentagon plans long-range missile defense radar in Alaska - Business Insider - May 22, 2015
- Shell CEO: World “desperately needs” Alaska oil - NL Times - May 22, 2015
- Dan Cuddy, Alaska business leader and pioneer, dies at 94 - KTVA.com - Alaska News and Weather - May 14, 2015
- Yes, Seattle Burns Alaska Oil. No, the Shell Protest Is Not Hypocritical. - Seattle Weekly - May 13, 2015
- Shell to resume Arctic drilling off Alaska as green groups warn of disaster - The Guardian - May 12, 2015
- Bustamante to head Anchorage Chamber of Commerce - Alaska Dispatch News - May 11, 2015
- Cook Inlet gas producer faces fine and possible SEC lawsuit - Alaska Dispatch News - May 06, 2015
- Shell Alaska Oil Spill Response Animation - Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide - May 04, 2015
- Anchorage business, development issues addressed at Wednesday's runoff ... - KTVA.com - Alaska News and Weather - April 30, 2015
- Federal report presents wildly different visions of Alaska's future oil and ... - Alaska Dispatch News - April 24, 2015