Advocacy in Action
One of the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce’s primary missions is advocating for a healthy local economy and a government that supports economic growth.
Although we are non-partisan, the Anchorage Chamber takes an active role in advocating for sensible government policies, which will protect our members and advance business opportunities. All of our priorities are determined by our membership, vetted by our committees, and then presented to the full board of directors for action if needed.
All Anchorage Chamber members are encouraged to get involved in the public policy process by serving on one of our committees. Both our Legislative and our Anchorage Business Committees are diving deep into these issues, hearing from a range of diverse stakeholders.
If you have any questions, or would like to get more involved in the direction of the Anchorage Chamber’s legislative program, please contact Brenda Hansen at 677-7112, email@example.com.
- Setback for oil exploration in Arctic: Statoil abandons Alaska oil projects - International Business Times AU - November 24, 2015
- Head of Alaska gas line corporation resigns - Alaska Dispatch News - November 22, 2015
- Legislators to discuss Interior Alaska oil basin potential - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - November 19, 2015
- Statoil abandons Alaska oil projects - Financial Times - November 17, 2015
- Another high-priced consultant removed from Alaska gas line team - EagleFordTexas.com (press release) - November 16, 2015
- Forget steel, Alaska's gas line forever being built with wishes and dreams - Alaska Dispatch News - November 14, 2015
- Repair completed at leak in trans-Alaska oil pipeline - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - November 05, 2015
- How Wall Street Makes Money on Alaska's Oil Tax Breaks - Wall Street Journal (blog) - November 03, 2015
- Anchorage business owner displays wrecked truck as warning to drivers - KTUU.com - October 30, 2015
- Alaska Bites: Salad deliveries booming for Anchorage business - KTUU.com - October 29, 2015